It's no secret that employee onboarding is a critical process for any business. But what about when you're just starting out and don't have a huge budget? One way to make the process a little easier (and more fun) is to create an onboarding pack filled with merch and promotional products. This will help your new team members feel welcome and excited to be a part of your company.
In this post, we'll show you how to create the perfect onboarding pack.
What to Include in an Onboarding Pack
When you're welcoming a new team member, you're already overwhelming new team members with paperwork and procedures. Lighten the load by creating an onboarding pack that welcomes them to the team! It's a good idea to include branded merch such as a t-shirts and hoodie, as well as and promotional products that will help the new team member feel welcome and connected to your company culture.
A basic starter pack would include:
- Short-Sleeve T-Shirt
- Hooded Sweatshirt
- Notebook & Pen
- Drink Bottle
- Coffee Cup
How to Use Merch to Represent Your Brand
When you're creating an onboarding pack for new team members, it's important to use merch that represents your brand. After all, this is the first impression they'll have of your company, and you want to make sure it's a good one!
Saying that ... everyone loves a t-shirt and drink bottle.
There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting logo merchandise for your onboarding pack. Firstly, think about what type of products your team will use most. If they're a sales team, for example, pens and notebooks with your logo printed on them would be ideal. If they're in an office environment, stationery like notepads and desk calendars would be more suitable.
You also need to make sure that the products you choose are high quality and reflect the image of your brand. Cheap-looking t-shirts or plastic bottles might give a bad impression and may even damage your company's reputation. So be sure to invest in quality products that will show off your brand in the best possible light. These can be known brands like Camelback, Swiss Peak and Moleskine or higher quality best-graded generics. Metal and glass have replaced plastic in most use cases.
How to Use Promo Products to Engage New Team Members
There are a lot of different ways to use promo products to engage new team members, but here are a few of our favourites:
- Send them a welcome pack with a T-shirt, drink bottle, and other branded merchandise such as a sticker for their laptop. This is a great way to show your new employee that you're happy to have them on board, and that you value their contribution.
- Give them a product they can use every day, such as a pen or notepad. This will help remind them of your brand whenever they use it, and will help keep your company top-of-mind.
- A basic onboarding pack can have as little as two or three items and expand to a complete suite of merch
How to Make Your Onboarding Pack Budget-Friendly
Now that you know what to include in your onboarding pack, it's time to start thinking about how to make it budget-friendly.
Here are a few tips:
- Assemble the packs as much as possible. A branded box and unboxing experience may be suitable for a subscription box, but unnecessary for onboarding. Easily build out packs yourself from bulk ordered items shipped into the office.
- There are lots of different companies that sell merch and promotional products, so it's worth shopping around to find the best deals. While agogo is a one-stop-shop for all of the typical items found in an onboarding box, buying in bulk quantities vs. one-by-one will be much cheaper.
- Try a printed tote bag instead of a branded box. The box will be recycled or thrown out whereas the tote will add to the merch packs value and be used regularly! Often equal or cheaper than custom boxes.
When it comes to onboarding new team members, it's important to make them feel welcome and comfortable as soon as possible. One great way to do that is by sending them a merch pack full of cool and useful promotional products.
But what should you include in your onboarding pack? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- A custom T-shirt or hat with your company logo
- A drink bottle or coffee cup/mug with your company logo
- A notebook or notepad with your company logo
- A pen or pencil with your company logo
- Don't forget a lanyard ...
agogo ● agogo.com.au ● Phone: 1300 246 461 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
agogo is Australia's premiere screen printer, merch and promotional products provider to many iconic Australian brands. From Qantas, Afterpay, Martinus Rail, 1spatial, Budget Petrol, GMS Marketing, HJDA Hotels, Life UNCUT podcast, TeamViewer. Check out agogo for your printed t-shirts using AS Colour, JBs Wear, Gildan, Next Level and more.